We will get right to the point, as you are used to us doing so. After over 7 busy, exciting and successful years we are ready for new challenges and this means that we have decided to stop renting motorcycles and to leave our Sierenborch, Amsterdam location.
The 2020 season therefore is the last rental season for Fris. Until the 30th of september we’ll keep renting and maintaining motorcycles, after that we’ll empty the building so that it is left behind neatly for the next company. Especially for our loyal renters we have a goodbye offer. In september, everybody gets 10% discount on the rental fee as calculated by the booking system. To thank you as a special loyal customer, we have this offer for you.
- if you have rented a motorcycle with us once or twice this year (2020), you will get a discount of 15% on the rental fee of the motorcycle in september
- if you have rented a motorcycle with us three or more times this year (2020), you will get a discount of 20% on the rental fee of the motorcycle in september
All rental periods with an end date latest August 31st count. The discount cannot be combined with exchanging Fris points for discount, of course you can still use your Fris points in exchange for accessories.
The discount is calculated after we have received the booking request (so not automatically by the system when you make your booking).
This also means that all of our rental motorcycles are for sale. If you are interested in one of our motorcycles, be sure to drop us an email. We will send you the asking price and all the ins and outs of the indicated motorcycle. From October, also part of our inventory and of course the gear is for sale.
Good that you want to rent a motorcycle from us or want to bring in your bike for maintenance. As long as we can and may, we will enjoy being of service to you. We are open during our regular opening hours. On holidays we are open from 09-11 hrs in the morning and 18-20hrs in the evening.
Like al other companies, we stick to the regulations concerning COVID-19. We kindly ask you to cooperate with us by:
- Coming into the shop one at a time.
- If somebody (except staff) is already inside, please wait outside for a moment.
- If you have health issues like sneezing, a cold or coughing, please do not come in.
- Keep a distance of a meter and a half between you and any other persons outside while you are waiting.
- Keep a distance of a meter and a half between you and any other person when you are inside.
- If you want to wash your hands, please use the paper towels as provided on the desk to dry them.
- Put keys, papers, gear, helmets and parts you want to give to us on the desk.
We will make sure to:
- Clean surfaces, door handles and the PIN machine on a regular basis.
- Wash our own hands very regularly.
- Wear gloves whenever and wherever we can.
Enjoy riding a motorcycle and stay healthy.
Of course we are on social media as well. Do you follow us there?
You can also reach us on WhatsApp and of course you can email us anytime or use the contact form on this page.
On our socials you will find discount codes that might come in handy when renting a motorcycle. See you soon?
Which motorcycles can I rent from Fris Motorverhuur? In the Netherlands, there is a system of the staged licence. It can get quite complicated, but here is an overview.
Definitions first, which licence is for which bike:
- A1 licence – motorcycle with a displacement of 120cc minimum and maximum power of 11kW (about 25 bhp) that can achieve a speed of 90 km/h minimum; or an electically-powered motorcycle with maximum power of less than 11kW and a power/weight ratio of at least 0,08kW/kg that can achieve a speed of 90 km/h minimum
- A2 licence or A licence with code 80 – motorcycle with minimum power of 20kW and maximum power of 35kW (about 48 bhp) and a power/weight ratio of maximum 0,2kW/kg; or an electically-powered motorcycle with maximum power of at least 20kW but less than 35kW and a power/weight ratio of at least 0,15kW/kg
- A licence – motorcycle with minimum power of 50kW and unladen mass of at least 180kg; or an electically-powered motorcycle with maximum power of at least 50kW and a power/weight ratio of at least 0,25kW/kg
- 18 years and older -> A1, there is a written test, vehicle control exam and road exam to be passed
- 20 years and older -> A2, there is a written test, vehicle control exam and road exam to be passed
- 20 years and older plus minimum 2 years in possession of A1 licence -> A2, only the road exam has to be passed
- 21 years and older -> A with code 80 for two years or until the age of 24, there is a written test, vehicle control exam and road exam to be passed; when you turn 24 code 80 is cancelled automatically and you don’t have to apply for a new licence, if you have the code 80 for two years before your 24st birthday you need to apply for a new licence to be allowed to ride A motorcycles; NOTE: you have to have taken your exams on a ‘heavy’ (A) motorcycle!
- 22 years and older plus minimum 2 years in possession of A2 licence -> A, only the road exam has to be passed
- 24 years and older -> A, there is a written test, vehicle control exam and road exam to be passed
Here you’ll find more information about getting your licence in the Netherlands (in Dutch).
If you have a motorcycle licence from a non-European country, you will also need a valid International Driving Licence (IDP) with A category. You can apply for this online or in the country of origin of your motorcycle licence. Your local requirements, as well as the (age) requirements as above apply to your rental.
Check out our collection here.
It can happen that you want to take some extra luggage with you on your motorbike, it doesn’t fit in your backpack (or you prefer to not wear one), but you do need some extra space. We rent hardcase panniers, topboxes, universal panniers and rolbags. With all the rental motorbikes you can see the extra options that are possible with that specific motorbike and for rental of only some accessories you can check out or “Gear” section. The hardcase panniers and topboxes are only suitable with our allroad motorbikes. The universal panniers and rollbags are suitable for most of our rentalbikes, but also (mostly) for your own. Do you want to take a trip with some extra luggage on our rental motorbike or your own, make sure you select this option when making a reservation or to reserve these options via our gear page. Not sure wether it fits on your own motorbike? Please do contact us so we can check it for you.